- Consolidate Salesforce multi org structure to single org structure
- Standardize business processes & proposal templates
- Standardize services & product offerings
- Share data with fine grained access control
- Consolidate reporting for management
- Increased visibility for management with consolidated reports
- Eased sharing information (products, key accounts & contacts) between countries
- Changes to the shared products easily published & communicated
- Cleansed (Merged, Deleted) customer data post migration
- Reduced development costs with standardized process
- Analyze the business processes & products of each country
- Analyze the customizations on each org including Apex Class, VF Page, Fields, Validations, Object relationships etc.
- Standardize the business process & get approved
- Identified informatica cloud as most suitable tool for data migration
- Deploy code changes to the target organization
- Create data mappings from source to target
- Extract data from source & cleanse the data & load to target org
With the business growing client was unable to manage multiple org Salesforce due to the volume of information shared between countries. Client needed the ability to share information between countries and also ensure standardized business process is followed by each country. Client also needed the ability to consolidate the reports for management..
First step in the migration process was to analyze the source org salesforce to document the business process used by each country, customizations done for each country, APEX classes, VF Pages, Object relationship, Proposal Templates etc. We identified there were many products / services shared and also permission sets different for every country.
Post the initial analysis in discussion with the business users business process was standardized and the products to be shared. New APEX Classes, VF Pages were developed to for the new business process and permission requirements. Object relationship was created in the target environment and clear mapping was created between object from source to target.
Informatica cloud was chosen as the ETL used for the Data Migration considering the volume of data. To ensure minimum disruption to business it was decided to migrate the data to target over weekends in multiple batches. Automation scripts were developed for switching off & switching on of workflows, email deliverability etc. during migration. Clear migration criteria were established as it was decided to be done in batches.
A switch from multi org to single org improved visibility for management, sharing of information between countries and standardized business process. Data migration helped in cleansing and archiving.
Data migration provided an opportunity for cleaning the invalid data which were in source and also transform to be used for new process. Automated scripts were developed to identify the key Accounts, Contacts shared to ensure that these will not be deleted or merged during migration between batches. Automated scripts were also developed to identify invalid data such as email using regular expressions.
We developed multiple informatica jobs for each object to for actual data migration. During the actual migration these jobs were executed in the order of Object relationships noted during initial analysis. Automated scripts for post migration data checks for checking volume of data migrated ensured there is minimal data loss.